Well it’s officially been 9.5 days that not one piece of chocolate, a grain, dairy, sugar or a processed piece of food has passed my lips into my mouth!!
STOP THE PRESS!!
Because I’ve NEVER lasted this long!
And you know what?
It’s been amazing! The first few days were interesting but now I’m going through the days not even thinking about it.
Counting macros on MyFitnessPal, not going crazy on how many calories i’m eating but concentrating on a 60% fat, 30% protein and 10% carbs ratio.
I know what you’re thinking….. 60% fat???? Isn’t that a bit much? No! It’s not!
Kicker? As long as you’re eating good fats.
And trust me, eating healthy fats is super!! easy.
Give me nuts and I’m happy…
Yeah, yeah I know… that’s what she said right?
But no joke, I’m obsessed with almond butter, almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, add coconut milk, coconut oil and avocados?
I’m a goner!
So what does my typical day consist of?
I pick one and go with it :
– Scrambled eggs w/ serrano on top of spinach
– Avocado, Boiled Eggs with lardons (bacon)
– Leftovers from night before
– Coffee with full fat coconut milk, cinnamon and a bit of stevia during the week. I add grass fed butter in my coffee on weekends.
– Handful of Walnuts & Cucumbers
– Handful of Almonds & Celery
– We have an awesome cafeteria here so I pick the healthiest choice.
– Chicken and load up on grilled veggies
– The fish du jour with mixed veggies
– Veal with grilled aubergines & salad
Snack (afternoon’s are the BEST!)
Im obsessed with this at the moment.
Pre-workout (only on days I work out)
– Boiled eggs or grilled chicken with cucumbers, half an apple, half avocado
– or leftovers from night before if I didn’t have it for breakfast already
I then go through another love/hate relationship that I have with WOD’s
– Coconut Water (and soon to be adding vegan protein powder)
– A salad with olive oil plus a protein
– Grilled veggies with protein doused in avocado oil
– Beef patties lettuce wraps
– List goes on and on!
Before Bed (30 minutes)
– Magnesium supplement
– Fish Oil supplement
– Vitamin D supplement
I also average at least 6L’s of water a day and that’s not including the 1L of tea every day.
Why am I writing this down?
To remind me (and maybe others?) that to be healthy, doesn’t mean you have to stop eating…
I find that in today’s world, we grab what’s easiest and sometimes, maybe we need to take a step back and get back into the basics.
Real food !!! Add exercise to the mix and you’ll feel amazing.
No matter what your goal is in the end.
I’m not saying that I’ll NEVER have a glass of wine… or bottle or chocolate mousse or beer but all in moderation.
In just 9 days, I’m already seeing a HUGE difference. I can’t imagine what the changes will look like in 90 days.
The energy I have, I’m literally bouncing to go to Crossfit, my face is changing along with my shoulders, abs, waist, hips.
One thing i’m sure I can thank for this is cutting out all sugar.
Never thought cutting this one thing out would improve so many things but it has….
(Here’s a good video about what sugar does to the body from the lady who’s been sending us videos for the past 9 days)
The only downfall of all of this change is all I do is sleep, wake up, eat, work, eat, workout, eat, sleep, Repeat!
I don’t have time for much but it’s definitely all worth it.
Other than that, not much is new… except, it’s almost Friday so that in itself is fantastic news!!!!