The past two weeks in 30 bullet points…
- Traveled to Madrid, Spain two Sundays ago (almost left from the wrong airport… note to self, always check which airport i’m leaving from) and came back to Paris on the Friday.
- Got, home, tried to go to the grocery store but it was closed. So I had four clementines, hoped into bed and slept until 10 the next morning.
- Spent Saturday drinking 2 bullet proof coffees, a much needed session of Crossfit, two hours of laundry and packed my suitcase once again.
** See photo below
I was a full fledged Canadian going to Crossfit.
- Left Sunday morning to go back to Spain until yesterday.
- Made sure I had the right airport.
- It snowed on Monday morning… Yes snow. In Spain. Was so nice to see!! 🙂
- Worked from 8 AM to 8 PM each day of the week for the past two weeks.
Thankful for the long days as time has flown by! I love it when my days are quick!
- Had the best bottle of red wine one evening. Very very thankful and the price was “lovely” as well but it was a treat I’ll never forget.
- Going to start learning Spanish this year… Even just for the basics and next year? Italian.
- I love buying postcards and sending them. 🙂
- Had my 30th birthday!! (On Thursday).
It’s a weird thing having a birthday with no family around… Or any ‘special day’ to be honest. Twas lonely and was close to tears on a couple occasions but I think I just miss family in general. It’s on days like that that I find things a bit hard and feel alone.
Yes, I may be in a great big city like Paris and I wouldn’t change a thing but I can’t just hop in my car (or plane) and go see my mum and stepdad when I want… or wake up in my old bedroom, tip toe upstairs to have coffee in my dad and stepmums bedroom and chit chat.
It’s those little things that I miss.
Was lovely to get all the happy birthday messages (THANK YOU!!!) :)) but it’s not even close to anything like getting a hug from someone you know loves you very much. And vice versa.
But im thankful for my family & friends (love you), where I am in life and the person i’ve become. 🙂
- Had dinner with some work people the night before to celebrate.
A group of 6 from Mexico, US, 2 from Canada, Spain and France.
Was lovely to spend time with some lovely people and we laughed and laughed to the point of tears.
They made a point to stay at the restaurant until midnight to wish me a happy birthday and then we all went our separate ways.
Was so nice of them and the company was great.
- My actual birthday evening consisted of a long hot bath, a piece of Tiramisu for desert and sleep.
Two weeks of going to bed past 11PM (sometimes 12 or 1) and waking up at 6:30 takes it’s toll. I only have a shower at home so I’ve been taking full advantage of the one in the hotel room. 🙂
- On February 13th, it’ll be 4 months that i’m in France.
- Coincidentally on February 13th, I have my medical appointment to get my Resident Card. Woo whoo!!!!
Which means, I’m officially going to be a resident of France for the next three years. Crossing fingers that everything goes well. 🙂
- They found my French Citizenship file!!!
My Dad picked it up for me and now I wait until he gets here to figure out what I need to do to get it going again. *Happy Dance*
- I’ve been in airports more often in the past 30 days than I have in the last year combined.
- My right hip flexor is all sorts of weird lately. Going to read “Becoming a supple leopard” very shortly. (Yes it’s a real book)
- Talking about books…
- Last night I made it to the grocery store on time. (Annie-1, Grocery Store- 1)
- Olympics have started and I don’t have a television. This is a first. I LOVE the Olympics!!
But I guess I’ll have to stick to internet this year.
- Ordered a rogue skipping rope. Maybe it’ll help me with my double unders?? Needing all the help I can get. They’re tough.
- My dad and stepmum fly into Paris on Saturday so I’m going to wake up early Saturday morning, hop on the RER B and meet them at the airport!!!
I CAN’T WAIT!!!
Always looking forward to when family and friends come to visit!! 🙂 Who’s next??
- I’m in Paris until next Monday and then we’re off to Madrid again until Friday.
- We then hop on a lovely 6 hour train ride from Madrid to Provence to spend the weekend where I come back on Monday.
- Planning a trip for end of summer and I can’t wait!!! For sun and a real!! vacation!!
- My life will resume back to normal programming on March 2nd.
- I still have clothes from last Saturdays laundry to put away.
- I just looked at the WOD for today… two words —> Oh Cr@p!!!!
- I was looking forward to getting out of my 20’s so this is a great start into my 30’s. 🙂