With a country called France.
A few reasons that made me fall deep…
- The accents.
- The way of living a life. I’ve visited France 3 times in the past 5 years to visit family on average 2 weeks each time.
I read a quote the other day from a friends Instagram that hit home.
I think it explains something the French have understood and that most North Americans seem to forget. Myself included. Forgetting there is something beyond office/cubicle walls.
- Les toros. An obsession. Don’t ask me why but I think they’re beautiful.
- The dry hot heat of Provence where my family is from.
- The never ending fields of lavender, the vineyards and the beaches of Grau du Roi
- The steady high pitched wails of the cicadas.
- Le Get. (peppermint drink) YUM!
- My lovely cousins. Both like sisters to me and I can’t wait to see them.
- Love between the french seem to be so passionate, endearing and appreciative.
I can’t wait for that. 😉
- Old landmarks of Paris and Marseilles.
- The cobblestone streets.
- The women looking so chic…. with minimal effort.
They’re shopping for leaks and it looks like they’ve just stepped out of a magazine.
- Les fetes votives.
I am giddy with excitement to live in a new city and what better city than Paris?
Im sure there will be moments of overwhelming panic, home sickness, wanting to complain but I have to remember this was my dream and living this is something I must appreciate and hold dear to my heart no matter what.
**Drawing courtesy of my 8 years old nephew.